Increased specialization leads to disintegration, unless a conscious effort of integration is present in the organization. While specialization has become a new religion with blind faith put into it, nobody is aware of the issue of integration.
Ask yourself the question: what do you do specifically to keep the organization together?
- vertical and horizontal integration
- organizational DNA
- true hierarchy vs pseudo hierarchy
- cultural integration
- within global operations
- global suppliers
- special leadership challenges in given geographies
- systems design and transformation
- design inquiry for business and corporate transformations